1. The applicability of the technology and the degree of meeting the needs of the enterprise
In recent years, the industry has increasingly demanded the development of component related to the Internet of Things, micro-nano system components, and emerging materials in direct or indirect.
However, due to the lack of funds for the technology and resources of micro-processes in Taiwan’s current small and medium-sized enterprises, this also causes most small and medium-sized manufacturers to fall into the dilemma of having no heavy equipment, technology, and resources available during product development. They must look for resources to carry out products. Trial and development
Although larger companies such as TSMC or UMC have relatively low demand for more expensive instruments or equipment, it is unlikely that they will stop production lines if they want to conduct simple R&D tests, first prototypes or small-scale production.
Therefore, the center established the technology research and development alliance to provide a third option in addition to the manufacturer’s department-to-department and manufacturer-to-vendor.
Through the research core group of the center, focus on the technology-related knowledge required by the current business circles.
You can use this center to match the appropriate research group to solve the problems, and also allow manufacturers to reduce R&D costs and product development cycles. On the other hand, the center has a complete clean room laboratory and valuable semiconductor, micro-electromechanical related process equipment technology and instruments. Through the assistance of a full-time researcher, the manufacturer’s process is arranged for ODM (Original Design Manufacturer) and OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer).
If the manufacturer wants to send an engineer to use the operation, the full-time researcher of the center will also assist the manufacturer to obtain the authority to operate the equipment. More choices are provided for the business community that needs to develop components, processes, products, materials and testing by themselves.
At present, the industry has two major needs for the development of forward-looking components such as related Internet of Things
* Basic, theoretical and development knowledge related to technical components
* Production process technical capability and inspection
（1）Research core group to develop related technical components
As mentioned earlier, the alliance to be established by the center has research group technologies such as optics, biomedicine, electronics, machinery, structure, energy, etc., which can target micro-energy saving technology, biomedical micro-detection, resonance actuation technology, biomedical microchips, Super materials and energy extraction devices are developed, and can also be matched by the needs of different manufacturers.
Allow manufacturers to solve their bottlenecks or difficulties encountered in the development of component products through professional core research teams. Manufacturers lack in-depth and extensive research and development capabilities, and professional personnel in the research group provide assistance and development. Through the exchange of projects between the two parties, we can quickly create more emerging forward-looking components for the above technologies.
（2）Technical equipment support such as equipment, process, detection and related parameters
In the 20 years since the establishment and operation of the center, there have been many companies in the business community who have submitted technical services and cooperation to the center. In addition, the center has accumulated a lot of technical energy over the years.
The center’s lithography process capability is matched with the DWL2000 photomask production, and the smallest photoresist micro line width can reach 1 micrometer under the condition of a photoresist height of 2 micrometers.
In terms of thick film photoresist, the center has the ability to make thick film photoresist more than 100 microns, the micro line width to aspect ratio can be made up to 5:1 (photoresist thickness 100 microns, line width 20 microns).
In addition, there are various photoresist testing capabilities, including illuminance, rotation speed thickness test, exposure parameter test, and graphic resolution production, etc., which can try to meet the needs of the business community.
In the etching process, the center is divided into dry heavy and valuable instrument process and chemical experiment wet etching process
In dry etching, the center has four reactive ion etching machines that can etch different materials or needs. The materials that can be etched include silicon, silicon oxide, silicon nitride, metal, and adhesive materials. Cooperate with the Institute of Industrial Technology Institute of Optoelectronics for the etching test of rubber materials.
For deep etching or special etching applications, the center has two ICP-RIE (Inductively Coupled Plasma – Reactive Ion Etching), which can separately etch silicon, group III and group V and metals. Etching in silicon can reach extremely high deep width.
In wet etching, the center has a number of acid, alkali and organic chemical experiment cabinets, which can perform various high-concentration chemical wet etching. Some of the R&D units in the corporate world have gone through the standard CIC off-line process. Of the device, there is a need to make wet etching in the follow-up. At this time, they usually choose our center to carry out the experiment.
In the thin film deposition process, the center has five sets of physical vapor deposition (PVD), three of which are electron beam evaporation machines, and two RF sputtering machines can perform metal deposition (such as: Al, Cu, Zn, Ti, Cr, Au, Pt, Ag and other metals), but also for oxides or special targets (eg: SiO2, ITO, TiO2, AlN, etc.)
In addition, the center also has two chemical vapor deposition CVD (Chemical Vapor Deposition) deposition equipment, one is the special deposition of protective layer of parylene, which can deposit 0.3 microns to 20 microns of protective film, used to protect or insulation.
The center also has plasma-assisted chemical vapor deposition (PECVD) to deposit silicon nitride or silicon oxide on the structure.
The center has multiple measurement equipment and related auxiliary equipment. At present, many manufacturers in the business community need to perform inspection and verification after the components or products are completed. Therefore, they need to pass such as 3D surface profilometer, scanning electron microscope or laser conjugate microscope to analyze and measure the surface structure. These measurement techniques are established by the center’s experienced doctoral researchers.
For thin film measurement, the center has an ellipsometer for measurement, and has established a variety of material libraries for measurement.
Finally, the center still has an element analyzer and a semiconductor analyzer, which can analyze and test the element division and characteristics of subsequent element materials。
2. Service or counseling planning for alliance members
(1) Advanced component development services：
- The center assists alliance members in the development and testing of new components or matches the appropriate technology core group team. The research team of the center and professional professors assists alliance members in the development and testing of new components.
- The center assists or executes the components required by the alliance members for the first sample production and small-scale production services.
(2) Related equipment support services
- Provide alliance members with complete experience and space in the use of micro-nano process laboratories, and tutor them to solve technical problems.
- Establish a complete instrument and equipment training system, train engineers or technicians of the alliance members, provide micro-nanometer process equipment, and allow alliance members to develop component technologies on their own.
(3) Process technology improvement services
- Provide micro-nano development, vapor deposition, dry and wet surface etching process technology and component inspection and measurement technology to assist alliance members in research and development of new products, improve manufacturing and testing and other related technologies to reduce product costs and enhance competitiveness.
- Service alliance members perform process parameter testing, OEM, ODM and inspection services.
(4) Human Resource Coaching
- Provide channels for alliance members to train in-service employees. In addition to the center’s existing talent training courses and nanometer process technology courses, it also uses the strength of the research team to customize the training courses according to the needs of alliance members, thereby enhancing the research and development capabilities and competitiveness of alliance members.
- Establish a talent pool with the research talents trained by the center, provide excellent and first-hand talent resources for alliance members, promote the turnover rate of scientific research talents, make research talents fit for themselves, and alliance members can also improve R&D capabilities and competition Force effect.
(5) Product certification counseling
- Test and measure products and technologies developed by alliance members, and give professional evaluation reports and product certifications.
- For innovative products, the center will counsel manufacturers to apply for patents to help their products successfully enter the market.
- Obtained the approval of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, became a nano-label inspection laboratory, and counseled the members of the alliance to obtain the nano-standard.
(6) Activity promotion counseling
- Handle and participate in various activities, such as professional seminars and forums, and provide a platform for alliance members to display products and technologies, actively promote and match for excellent products and technologies, and obtain the opportunity to expand the number of alliance members, and then Improve the efficiency of promotion and matchmaking, and finally increase the scale of the alliance.
- Provide alliance members with a fast information-technology platform for industry-university cooperation, actively guide industry transformation, and help alliance members find suitable technology exchange and cooperation partners to inject R&D energy in different fields.